lördag, oktober 24, 2009

What is it with comedians and politics?

I don't get it, why does it often take a comedian to argue politics in a constructive way? I've been a fan of Al Frankens for quite some time, I always thought he was a funny guy. His book "Lies and the lying liars who tell them" was a brilliant book. It was funny as hell, it was sharp and it was very very true. I think that book inspired me a bit. When Al Franken ran for senator of Minnesota I was really hoping for him to win the election and become a senator. I'm not sure what I expected from him but I do know he has exceeded them. Watching him argue the issues make me believe in politics again. Or well, not really. But at least somewhat. He is clearly passionate, he is clearly conversant with the issues and the facts and he uses that to really demolish his opponents nonsense arguments. Watching him run over Diana Furchtgott-Roth from the Hudson Institute and her nonsense arguments on both the issue of increased medical bankruptcies and the cancer survival rate is really inspiring to me.

Inga kommentarer: